All of our BBR dogs are living in individual foster homes. This gives our foster dogs the chance to experience what real life is like in a home before moving in with their forever families. The dogs that are in our foster care program are learning good puppy manners, housebreaking, cratetraining, basic obedience, and are becoming well-socialized dogs. Each of our dogs goes to their forever family up to date on vaccines, spayed/neutered, current on flea/tick/heartworm preventative and microchipped.
Bonnie Blue Rescue really prides ourselves on placing each of our foster pups into the perfect forever home for them. We want to get to know our adopters to make sure that we find the best possible fit for their home/environment.
Our adoption process is a three step process:
1) Application: Fill out our online application here. We will be back in touch within 5 business days to let you know if your application is approved.
2) Home Visit: If approved, we will schedule a home visit. This is the opportunity for one of our BBR volunteers to get to you know you & to make sure that your home is a safe environment for an adopted pup
3) Two Week Trial: We recommend a two week trial period for each of our adopted pups. This gives the adopters the opportunity to be 100% certain that their pup is the best match for their family & it gives our foster pups a chance to really settle into their new home environments.
Our adoption fee is $300. $75 of this fee is reimbursable if proof of completion of obedience class is demonstrated within 3 months of adoption.
Questions to ask yourself before proceeding with adoption:
- Why do I want to adopt a pet?
- Am I able to commit to keeping this dog for the next 10-15 years?
- Am I financially able to care for my pet's health and safety?
- Do I have the support system in place to help out with this pup as needed?
- Am I willing to train my new adopted animal?
- Is my family ready for a pet?
Bonnie Blue believes that every pet deserves the very best; therefore, we need to make sure each dog is going to a home that is ready for them.
We have many cuties currently up for adoption. Please keep checking our Petfinder site for new additions - they are added often!
To see a list of who is currently available for adoption please visit our Petfinder page at: http://www.bonniebluerescue.petfinder.com.